My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Pennine Way 2024
Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Thursday 6 June 2024

Pennine Way 2024 - Day2: Crowden - Standedge

 

Distance:   13.2 miles    Total:  36.12  (Tracklog: 11.44)    Steps: 26690

Things seen: curlews! One of my favourite birds. Another view of my friend with beer.. And not much else, on account of the weather. 

-------------------------

I felt reasonably OK in the morning, snug in my pod, but got a late start as I had to wait for the camp office to open so I could pay, and they had computer trouble. As we all know, nothing happens without a computer.. got away about 9.45am and headed off up towards Black Hill. About half way there it started to rain quite heavily and kept it up nonstop for the rest of the day. Therefore no pictures today, sorry.

On the upside, my waterproofs were. Although today was shorter, there were some big ups and downs. So I still found it hard, though not so hard as yesterday. When I reached the car park at Standedge, there was friend Wayne with beer... we went off to the Diggle Hotel for something to eat, then I spent the night at Wayne's house. 

Since I was not able to take any photos today, here is an image from the last time I was here, in 2019, when it rained even harder. This is usually just a trickle, at Wessenden head..





No comments:

Post a Comment