My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Pennine Way 2024
Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Thursday 6 June 2024

Pennine Way 2024 - Day 4: Hebden Bridge rest day

 

Distance:   1.0 miles     Total:  53.12        Steps:2212

Things seen: a lovely town, a good market..

-------------------------

I spent a relaxing day in Hebden Bridge,  getting my blog up to date, doing a little washing, and a little shopping. I love Hebden, quite one of my favourite towns. A strange mixture of new age folk, exotic peoples.. Tibet, Nepal, Turkey, Greece. .. and down to earth Yorkshire folk, all of whom seem to get along remarkably well. And lots of good shops, and today a really good market to boot. A nice Greek lunch at the Aya Sophia, and I am all ready to hit the road again tomorrow...

lamb cutlets at the Aya Sophia


Royd terrace, where my excellent airbnb was, up near the top.


1 comment:

  1. Still following with some nostalgia. Tents and rucksacks seem to have taken another step forward with your American versions compared with my Go-lite rucksack and Terra Nova Competition. tent, and your overall weight carrying is better than mine used to be. I tried to keep under 23 lbs (1043 grammes) compared with your 20lbs so well done. I too did not carry cooking gear on my more recent trips. Having said all that my various afflictions of late have, I think, put a stop to backpacking but it's enjoyable to follow at least. I did find that overall weight targets were exceeded for short periods after stocking up with food for traversing wilder sections, especially in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete