My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Pennine Way 2024
Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Saturday 22 June 2024

Pennine Way 2024 - Day 17: Bellingham - Byrness

Pennine Way 2024 - Day 17: Bellingham - Byrness

Distance:   17.1 miles     Total: 264.82 (Tracklog: 15.54)  Steps:  34,563

Things seen: millions of fir trees, literally. More bogs, and some friendly Australians.

‐‐-----------------

If not actually a good day, this was a much better day than yesterday. Shorter for one thing, and the unrelieved lines of lifeless spruce trees were enlivened by conversations with some Aussie walkers, which there seen to be plenty of along the PW. There was a cheerful couple who said they were doing LEJOG, though their packs seemed quite small. Can you get baggage transfer for the entire length of the country? They were quick though and soon disappeared into the distance. Then I criss-crossed with two other couples from Sydney, for the rest of the day. No names, unfortunately, and for some reason I took no photos all day. 

I got to Byrness and the welcoming arms (metaphorically speaking) of Kate at Byrness House. I have stayed here before, and it was nice to see her again. After a nice salmon dinner I settled into a kingsize bed and slept well, knowing that there was  "just" the Cheviots to go, and then we are done. Kate did a clothes wash for me so I might even look presentable on the finish line...


for some reason this was the only photo I took all day. Why? Why??


No comments:

Post a Comment