My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Pennine Way 2024
Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Saturday 8 June 2024

Pennine Way 2024 - Day 6: Cowling - Malham

Distance: 18.6 miles   Total:   90.42  (Tracklog: 18.40)   Steps: 41,025

Things seen: various birds, a bunny or two, a (grey) squirrel or two. Also humongous numbers of cattle and sheep. 

-------------------------

Today's walk was long, longer than I thought it would be,  but it was undulating rather than hilly. Some of it went along the Leeds - Liverpool canal, and some followed the river Aire, so although it was a long Way, it wasn't very Penniny. Pleasant walking though. 

Olwyn gave me a bacon bap, and I had a nice lunch in Gargrave with a Dutch walker called Marten who started in Lands End and is heading for John O'Groats. I bumped into him again when I got to Malham, and who else was there but my friend Wayne, this time on his way back from Newcastle. We had a pint in the pub next to the Youth Hostel before he had to head off home. 

Commemorative plaque at the summit of Pinhaw beacon, today's highest point at a mere 388m. I hope you can read it all

lots of inquisitive cattle today 




No comments:

Post a Comment