My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Thursday 20 August 2015

HRP Day 44 l'Hospitalet pres l'Andorra - rest day

Thursday 20 August 2015

The gite d'etape here is very comfortable. The village itself is quite small, a strange mixture of old and new buildings. There is also a vast EDF hydro-electric plant.  The overall result is not wonderful... I haven't managed to take a photo worth keeping.

Today I need to consider the route for the final stages to Banyuls. There are 11. It is a strange mixture of very short and very long stages, and I may need to alter some of the start/finish points. I must also buy food and enough supplies to cope with some nights in a tent, three or four anyway. This means a trip to Ax-les-Thermes, since the tiny shop here is useless. I will get the (one) train, which takes half an hour or so. ..

... OK done that, Ax-les-Thermes is a nice enough place but short of a good supermarket. Still I have bought some stuff to weigh down the rucksack. Food is heavy!

the gite d'etape, l'Hospitalet 
one of the more scenic bits of l'Hospitalet 

No comments:

Post a Comment