My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Monday 3 August 2015

HRP Day 27 lago de Vallebierna - Refugio de Conangles

Monday 3 August 2015

Didn't wake up until 6.30am, and didn't see any exotic fauna. I cooked some chocolate porridge for breakfast and set off around 8am. Weather promising, and in fact it has been hot for most of the day. I was thinking I would have an easy day today, having done two hours worth of this leg yesterday, but it was not to be. From where I camped, there was a 200m climb to the col which was quite high at 2710m, and hence involved a lot of scrambling over rock etc. After that there was one further col but mostly there was a long descent which took me a long time as I have to pick my way and look after my knees. In the end I didn't reach the Refugio Conangles until 7.30pm, fortunately in time to book a bed and a meal. Ten minutes after I arrived the heavens opened and there was a violent storm, so I was quite pleased with the timing. The meal was fine and I found some french walkers to talk to. My new strategy of pretending to be french, when arriving at Spanish refuges, seems to be working well. The sooner we give them Gibraltar back, the better. ..

view from the tent in the morning
difficult climb up to the col
nice view when you get there. There are three rows of mountains visible
view looking back from the col
where tomorrow's walk goes

No comments:

Post a Comment