My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Tuesday 25 August 2015

HRP Day 49 Refugi d'Ull de Ter - Refuge de Mariailles

Tuesday 24 August 2015

A really good day today. The weather was perfect: warm and sunny, but not baking hot. No clouds. The walk was quite long - I had walked almost 20 miles by the end - but after an initial climb, it was an interesting, fairly level walk almost entirely above 2200m, but across grassy plateaux mainly, not difficult terrain. Very enjoyable.
The refuge de Mariailles is a good one. Friendly guardienne, excellent pasta-free meal, good company. I am sleeping in my tent around the corner, but I will pop back in the morning for breakfast before heading off to tackle Mount Canigou.
Six days to go. ...

the ski resort of Plan de Ter
up on the plateau
.. and a proper path to walk on! 
This is the border ridge between France and Spain. The footpath is clear

No comments:

Post a Comment