My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Friday 13 September 2019

Pennine way day 3: Byrness - Bellingham

Thursday 12 September 2019
Miles: 19.4
Total miles: 52.6

Picture the scene: you are wading through an endless bog, hopping from dry bit to dry bit and trying to avoid the worst bits. You have been doing this for miles and the bog still extends as far ahead as you can see.  it has rained steadily all day and everything you possess including your socks etc are soaking..

Well, that was today, for the most part. Still, I got to Bellingham and to be honest, I think today and tomorrow's stages are the worst of the whole Pennine way so I don't feel too bothered. My clothing clothing dries easily and I expect to be in good working order tomorrow for the walk down to Hadrian's Wall.

It is 15 miles to Bellingham, the remaining time was spent wandering around trying to find accommodation and a meal. Now I am booked into a campsite a mile out of town and a very nice place it is.

The photo gallery is again a bit thin, hard to take photos in pouring rain:

Six miles of this to start with.. I didn't photograph the ten miles of bog!

A fairy ring. These pine plantations have a lot of fungi along their edges. 



No comments:

Post a Comment