My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Saturday 13 June 2015

Hebden Bridge Update day 2: Back on the Pennine Way!

Only a short update today as I'm a bit tired. . It has been quite wet here today. It was forecast, so no great surprise, and it did stop by about 1pm or so. Dry since, and muggy, there is talk of a thunderstorm overnight. Which would be the best time for it. .

I had a long walk today. First of all down the hill then up the far side of the valley to Stoodley Pike, about 5 miles. Then I followed the Pennine way back down to the main road a mile or so outside HB, and up the far side as far as the Pack Horse Inn above Gorple reservoir, another six miles or so. Then back to HB via Walsham and Hardcastle Crags, the evocatively named National Trust beauty spot. Altogether, 16.6 miles and over 1000m climb so an early night beckons. Tomorrow, the highest spot hereabouts, Lad Law at 507m or 1660ft


Should be possible to see Stoodley Pike monument, through the gloom. .

When you get near, it is big! There is a staircase inside and you can climb up to the balcony. 
Back on the Pennine Way..
Friendly chicken at the Pack Horse Inn. Note improved weather. .
Still got bluebells up north! 
Stepping stones over the river Calder at Hardcastle Crags. Stepping stones cannot be resisted. .

No comments:

Post a Comment