My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Friday 5 May 2023

Peak District 2023 - Day 4

 Friday 5 May 2023

Well it has rained nearly all day today, and coupled with the exertions of yesterday a not totally unwelcome feeling of lethargy has been induced.

So not much to report, and not really enough miles or steps to be worth recording. I did do a little housekeeping, tidied up the van, dug out the printer I brought with me, and persuaded it to work .. why do I need a printer, I hear you ask? To print out The Times crosswords with, of course. I could do them online, I know, but somehow it isn't the same as a nice crisp piece of paper so you can see all of the clues at once, and scribble out anagrams etc..

No blog is complete without a picture, so here is one of my lunch today; can you guess what it is?




















 

 

 

Yes, right first time.. it is half a tin of Sainsbury's beef curry, half a bag of Aldi "Indian Style Grains," and a generous helping of peas. All simmered together for a few minutes. Delicious!

Tomorrow I am leaving here and moving to a campsite in Crowden. It is bang on the Pennine Way, and I have stayed there twice when walking the PW. Funny coincidence, it was raining the last time too!



No comments:

Post a Comment