My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Sunday 8 September 2019

Pennine Way - Travel to Edale

The plan was to travel up to the Youth Hostel in Edale today, leave the car, then continue by train to Kirk Yetholm tomorrow. I had quite an easy drive up, despite a bad accident on the M1 which held things up for a while, and some lunatic driving as ever. . I reached the Youth Hostel by about 2.30PM after stopping en route for something (mediocre) to eat at the Cheshire Cheese inn at Hope.

 It was a lovely day, sunny and mild, and still plenty of time so off I went up to the Kinder Plateau, easily reached up the valley behind the hostel. In 45 minutes or so I was up top, surveying the scene. I took a couple of video shots of the view and hopefully this link will show you one of them. There are a couple of photos too.. this is a really scenic part of the world. It's my third visit to Edale this year and I could spend another week here very easily. I have a lovely en suite room all too myself here so all in all this has been an encouraging start to this adventure.

Half way up to the top. .. Edale yha is visible below. 

The Druid's Stone, a local landmark..

A selfie, in front of the Druid's Stone 

No comments:

Post a Comment