My Pyrenees HRP Diary - Introduction

This blog was begun in 2015, to record my walk along the Pyrenees HRP from Hendaye to Banyuls. If you want to read about that, I suggest you start here.

But that is all in the past now, and I have expanded the blog a little to cover more recent events.. such as:

Snowdonia Way 2017
Hebden Bridge 2015
Equipment Reviews
North Downs Way 2017
Pennine Way 2019

I hope you will find something interesting. Please do provide a little feedback or comment, and if you are interested in something that I didn't say enough about, please let me know .. happy walking!



Jerry

Wednesday 18 September 2019

Pennine Way day 8: Rest day in Middleton-in-Teesdale

Tuesday 17 September 2019
Miles: 1.7 (not added to total)
Total miles: 129.6

The original schedule gave me a morning off with a 6 mile walk to Blackton Bridge in the PM. But I decided that I deserved a full day off. Also my knees ache. They are not impeding progress, but when you are on a long walk such complaints must be listened to. I will give them a rest. However, I will walk on to Tan Hill Inn tomorrow, then to Hawes the next day, when I will be back on the original schedule.

A bollard cosy..  Middleton has lots of bollards, and lots of cosies

.. and another

Middleton is a lovely little town, hard to capture in a photo. Wish I could see it without any cars

Teesdale Hotel, where I am staying. Comfortable and pleasantly old-fashioned



No comments:

Post a Comment